Sacred Heart College is a vibrant learning community, founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, where all are called to reveal God to the world and to make our world a better place in which to live.
Sacred Heart College, a co-educational Catholic Secondary College in the Mercy tradition, educates, cares for and supports young people in the Macedon Ranges, Castlemaine and surrounding areas.
Sacred Heart College aspires to:
- be the school of first choice for all Catholic families residing within our feeder parishes.
- lead our community into communion with God.
- foster interpersonal relationships that reflect the Mercy values of love, respect, justice, hope and service.
- address the needs of students by providing a rich, positive and inclusive learning and teaching environment.
- provide a safe learning environment which is well-resourced, designed to meet a range of contemporary educational purposes and which incorporates sustainable practices.
Sacred Heart College will:
- be explicit in the teaching of our Catholic faith whilst respecting other religions.
- give students, staff and parents opportunities to deepen their personal spirituality and the practice of their Christian faith.
- emphasise relationships which reflect Mercy values and a Christian understanding of the dignity of the individual and where issues are resolved openly and honestly.
- employ dedicated, professional staff who are valued and supported in their endeavours to foster faith development, to promote learning and to act as positive role models for students.
- promote a learning and teaching culture which is student-centred and characterised by a joy of learning where thinking skills and creativity are nurtured.
- promote excellence, encourage students to do their best and recognise effort and achievement.
- offer a curriculum which embraces new technologies and understandings and which provides a diverse range of learning experiences.
- encourage students to anticipate and respond to the needs of others and to understand and embrace their responsibility as members of the global community.